Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Grangemouth, near Falkirk and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Plant Supervisor you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
With all Tarmac employees, we are looking for people who are enthusiastic, passionate about success and hold health and safety as their number one priority. As our ideal Plant Supervisor, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A willingness to learn and develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work (evening & weekend work may be required, subject to business need)
- The ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Moderate computer literacy - confident in operating a PC based control system, use of email, completion of spreadsheets and other online reporting forms
We are looking for someone who has previous experience in concrete productions and possesses a degree of technical knowledge. It would be desirable if you also have experience of mobile and fixed plant operations, a forklift truck license and manual handling, however, full training can be provided.
What will I be responsible for?
They will specifically focus on managing all aspects of the daily operations of a newly constructed concrete plant. Daily responsibilities will include ensuring the production demands are met and comply with all Tarmac standards, policies and procedures and legislative compliance. In this role the Plant Supervisor will be solely responsible for the standards of the Plant and raising any concerns unable to be dealt with at a local level, with the Production Manager.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Plant Supervisor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.